Friday 12 October 2012

Bank bullshit

I rang the $guru on his mobile the other day in a furious rage. I had just received another phone call from the asshole banks Indian call centre. I actually held it together for this one, didn't swear at all, although made it very clear I was totally pissed off. In the end simply said "What is the point of even talking to you? All you're going to do is say you'll make a note of it and tomorrow someone else will ring and I'll have to go through the same thing again?" Then hung up.

I don't usually call the $guru on his mobile, but I was incensed. He's a very busy man, so I usually just email or maybe text him that I've emailed info to him. So I ended up almost yelling into the phone about it in my state of rage. Long story short he said he'd ring his contact at the bank to get the phone calls to stop, and that it's quite normal in the banking word for them to take weeks and weeks to finalise everything with a payment like that to settle debts. Well, only for some banks it seems, the other nice bank sent me a letter a short time after I paid them saying it was all finished. 

So the $guru emailed yesterday who'd contacted his contact. She had apologised about the phone calls and was going to get them to stop right away. That's at least something sorted out I suppose. There is of course the matter of both accounts still being active (I just logged in a checked). According to that I still have $12,500 in credit available. 

WTF are these idiots doing? They spend months crucifying me over the debts I owed them, and then leave all that credit available after me defaulting. It would be a very simple thing you know to just transfer that $12,500 to my other bank, all sitting here online in front of the PC. Would take only seconds to do, and the money would be available tomorrow. Tempting but no.... Almost feel like doing it though, just to prove a point to them. I'd not spend it, just get some interest off it. Fuckin morons man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment