Thursday 18 October 2012

Daughter gets new job....$$

My daughter has got a new job, starts in a month. It's at the child care centre where she's been going to do the unit assignments for her child care qualification. They liked her so much that they wanted her to work there all the time. She's over the moon about it. Only has about a year to go working through the units to be properly qualified, but they told her they'd pay her the full rate rather than just as a trainee. She told me about $23 an hour (about $900 a week I suppose). Looks like her talent and study is finally paying off.

It's especially good given the trauma experienced through various stages of her life. To end up like this is a very good result. She's giving the other people who's kids she was looking after a months notice to sort out something for their kids. They were happy for her. It wasn't really suited for her needs as they seemed to be fucking her around a bit. One of the parents went back to visit their family in Europe a while back for their summer (yes they're rich) gone for 5 weeks, she only had two days work a week for all that time. Guess who had to pay all the rent?

She's already offered to pay more rent, which is good as now I don't have to ask her. And I told her when she said that for her to start paying a share of the utilities, as until this job she's just not been earning enough to do it. The 3 month winter electricity bill was $480 (even with a $50 rebate for me being a disability pensioner) and I've had to pay the lot of it. Got the money but that's not the point. The gas was another $100 for the 3 months in winter as well.

As she'll be earning a decent wage, after I got a letter from Housing yesterday requesting more information about her for the Housing form from hell, I've pretty much decided to abandon that whole thing. With the money she'll be earning it'd put us well over the household income limits to qualify for Housing assistance. I'm not unhappy about that, as I'd much rather be able to live without their help. 

Not that it was looking like I was going to get it anyway. One of the things they wanted was proof of her income, which I've already told them it's impossible as it's bits and pieces of cash that often varies from week to week. It doesn't even go through the bank FFS, so how the hell can she prove it? Isn't much anyway, not like we're trying to bullshit them. Wouldn't even go over the $18,000 tax free threshold for the year. But trying to prove that is near impossible. I doubt the parents would've kept detailed and official records of the cash they've paid her each week.

Emailed the housing bloke at ACON about it all and said it pretty much looks like I'm giving up. Although it could also be called a change of plans. He emailed back straight away wanting me to make an appointment to discuss this new development, so am seeing him next Monday. Dunno what he's wanting to say as I certainly can't see any way forward with the form from hell from here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment