Tuesday 23 October 2012

Housing application stopped

Went to see the bloke at ACON yesterday for the appt he wanted with me. I explained the situation in greater detail to him, about my daughter starting full time work shortly. Think he said the income limit was about $700 or so for a household with 2 people, to be eligible for assistance from NSW dept of Housing. Being as I get money from Centrelink, a bit of interest, on top of what my daughter will be earning, it will put us well outside the eligibility criteria. 

So he gave me a form to fill out as the application process had to be stopped. He said it can be restarted at a later date if I wished. Was just a statement thing saying officially that I wanted the application halted, and had to sign it in front of him with him being a witness on it. No biggie.

It actually felt very good. It was depressing being in a situation where I was going to have to rely of Housing to pay the rent. I know what they're like, much worse than Centrelink. They want to know every last detail about you. I'd much rather be able to get by without their assistance if I could. 

Said I felt quite proud of my daughter the way she's been hired for this job. She must be very good with kids, gets that from her mother I'd say. But more than that, we raised her to be a survivor. She'll have ups and down in life as we all do, but she'll always survive. Maybe she gets that from me?

No comments:

Post a Comment