Thursday 18 October 2012

US pension

I got a reply from the US pension people. The Australian gov made me enquire about it as I'd lived there for 3 years ages ago and worked part time under a student visa. I thought it was a complete waste of time but the gov here said under social security law I had to make "reasonable efforts" to investigate if I was in fact eligible. So I had to fill out this form from Centrelink and mail it to them so they could send it to the US to get processed. As expected it was a complete and utter waste of time.

I don't even understand much of it, other than that I don't qualify. WTF is "six US quarters of coverage"? Sounds a bit like 6 quarts of milk covering something. We have litres here.

Suppose I'm now supposed to inform Centrelink about this latest waste of time they've put me through. I haven't got the faintest idea who to send it too though. The office I spoke to on the phone was somewhere in bloody Tasmania! 

No comments:

Post a Comment