Sunday 21 October 2012

Less back pain

Has been about 4 months since I stopped work. Have just started noticing about a week ago that I'm going through entire days without taking any painkillers. My back used to hurt a lot, sometimes it was debilitating. My whole upper back at times would be almost in muscle spasms. Pain would go up the side of my neck and make my head hurt. Sometimes I'd get woken up at night from it hurting. Think it was one of those things that slowly got worse and worse over time so it was hard to notice it getting worse. At work I would regularly take painkillers to get through the day.

So to finally not be having to take them is a big deal for me. I guess it must be some sort of indication at how bad it was, by the fact that it's taken 4 months of not working to get to this point. It was taking so long to show any improvement that I was starting to be concerned that it might be more than simply muscular. Looks like though that the muscles were so tight after years of lifting that the tightness was causing the pain. It still hurts, but I'm just using a bit of cream in a tube that helps.


Never used to do anything that, but it actually works OK now that it's not hurting so much anyway. Aren't jumping for joy like the little man on the tube though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment