Friday 5 October 2012

Stupid bank ringing again (+ update)

Un-fuckin-believable.

Got a call yesterday from the asshole bank, the one that chucked fits left right and centre about the money I owed when I was in the process of applying to get funds out of my superannuation to cover it. It took months, and during that time I was sent extremely threatening letters from them, with inferences that I was simply a crook trying to rip them off. They set impossible deadlines at one point, even though I couldn't hurry up the Super application. This was all after the financial services ombudsman had been bought in by the $guru (financial advisor) to oversee the whole affair after the bank refused to co-operate at all. If not for the $guru I'd have just caved and gone bankrupt (strange logic by the bank BTW if they forced me to do that as they'd have got nothing). 

Eventually after many months delay (due to major bureaucratic bullshit in Canberra) the funds finally came through and the $guru informed the bank I was now able to pay. He'd already negotiated the amount down to only 80% previously, and requested a simple confirmation letter from the bank of this amount, due to the delays incurred in the process by the Canberra buffoons. Very strangely, it took them some weeks to come up with this letter. Strange as after all the threats and accusations in previous months to me about the money, they were now dragging their feet for the final payment. Can't remember now but it was nearly 2 more months I think before they finally came through with the confirmation letter and the details of the accounts to pay it into; two payments of over $8,000 each on the credit card and loan accounts. I paid it the next day, sending screen shots of the online bank receipts to the $guru for his records. All of this was overseen by the ombudsman who was sent copies of everything and kept informed by both parties.

This was the final payment on both accounts, and accepted by the bank as the last and full payments for the debts. Emailing the $guru thanking him for everything, and saying how long it'd taken, he replied that the whole process took 11 months since I first went to see him about it.

And so, this asshole bank rings me up yesterday. Or should I say their Indian bloody call centre that harassed me many months ago (14 calls in 10 days - that's harassment). I asked who it was, and when they said the bank name I sort of had a bit of a reaction darlings. The guy with the Indian accent proceeded to tell me that I was $100 behind on my credit card account. My bit-of-a-reaction proceeded into a full blown dummy spit. 

Yelling into the phone, I told him this was sorted out ages ago, by my financial advisor and overseen by the financial services ombudsman. I said I was going to "fuckin" send the $guru an email right now and that he'd be hearing about it. Stunned silence on the phone. I hung up and sent the email. That was yesterday, haven't heard back yet from the $guru, will be very interested when I do. I feel like suing the fuckin bank for harassment, particularly as the whole reason my Super got released was on the medical grounds that the stress of the debt was affecting my health with having HIV. Which of course is all on record at the ombudsman office, the $guru, and what I've got here.

What a bunch of incompetent blundering imbeciles. If this happened in the public service it'd make the news. I'm so tempted to reveal the name of the bank here as I wouldn't want anyone else to go through the bullshit I've had to with them, even though I'd been with them for nigh on 30 years. Knowing them though they'd probably sue me. Assholes.

I will though offer the name of the bank to anyone who emails and asks for it. 
peterhiv@hotmail.com

*Update

 I've logged in to the asshole bank, and amazingly both accounts are still active. So after defaulting on their bazillions, going through months of drama to finally get to the point of paying off an agreed amount as full and final payment for said debts, this is the result:

Which I've sent the much bigger full screen shoot to the $guru to help him sort this out. The top one is the credit card, and the bottom one is the personal loan. The accounts haven't been shut down and the negotiated amount that was agreed to, being 80% only I think, has been paid. But the 20% has remained in the still opened accounts as an active debt to be paid. WTF?

But it goes on. The most incredulous thing about this bank blunder, is that after going through all that with me with me in default, they've given me another $12,500 credit listed as "available". 

Their incompetence is utterly astonishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment