Wednesday 31 October 2012

Unions fight for manufacturing

Email from my union today, AMWU. Thought I'd mention it even though I'm not working as I was made redundant. I think their approach is pretty good. Certainly much more constructive than the corperate cowboys  wanting to simply reduce wages and conditions in a race to the bottom. National Secretary Paul Bastion puts it very well. This from the "Making Our Future" site:
National Secretary Paul Bastian has lauded the new Centre for Workplace Leadership as fulfilling a key recommendation from the Prime Ministers’ Manufacturing Taskforce.

“Australian manufacturing is doing it tough under pressure from a range of economic factors, including the high dollar, lack of infrastructure and poor local procurement.

“Industrial relations are not the biggest issue for the manufacturing industry. The issues are workplace leadership, skills development and science and technologies connection with industry.” more
 

No comments:

Post a Comment