Monday 7 January 2013

Bloody exhausted

Came home last evening after meeting David at the pub. We'd both not slept well the night before, his bedroom was very hot from the weather and even though the balcony door was open just a little to let the night air in we still had the occasional mosquito to deal with. So two or three times through the night it was the emergency fly spray to kill the little bastards. I had a towel on the pillow as I sweat like mad out of my head since getting HIV, and by the morning it was all wet. As well I was snoring (think a couple too many beers) and keeping him awake half the night. Needless to say we were both exhausted through the day yesterday.

Walked round the corner to the bus stop, past the new pizza shop opened there. The lady who runs the place was out the front and smiled at me; she and her husband have gotten to know us both as we've been ordering from there since they opened. It's not like that revolting Pizza Hut crap that's dripping with oily crap and sends your stomach into mutiny. They've gotten really good write ups in the local paper in fact, is very authentic to Italy I think (I dunno, I'm from New Zealand). 

Anyway she says "Oh you're leaving already?". I reply "We've got to get some sleep darling". She laughs. A bus came straight away and I got on it, she waves as it pulls off and I wave back. Was really nice.

Slept I reckon for about 10 hours. Couldn't get up this morning until 10. Felt like I'd been overdoing it. It is hard living at different places but manageable. Only 20 minutes on a bus or 5 minutes in a car. I dunno how David gets up so early when he does for work. But then I did it for thirty years, even after dialysis. He is finding it a bit hard though poor dear. Maybe he can sort out some reduced hours like I did with my job. Told him what I went through with my work and how it was good now that he was thinking about how difficult he's finding it.

Had an appt with the psychologist this afternoon but thankfully he rang and posponed it until tomorrow. Good as I didn't feel like going. Must have sounded tired on the phone as he asked if he'd woken me up at nearly 10am! Feel sort of numb and like my heads made out of dough. I guess that could be from the pills. Am a bit like a zombie wandering around the house right now.

Seeing the doctor tomorrow as well for the great checking into how it's all going with my HIV pills. Again today a relatively smallish amount of nausea and dry retching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment