Sunday 6 January 2013

HIV meds, 3 weeks

It's day 22 of starting HIV pills again. 

I think I may be starting to actually get past the vile nausea I've been having to deal since the beginning of it. Today I only dry retched a little bit, and didn't feel so bad relatively quickly afterwards. Fuck this nausea has been so intense. There's no way I'd have been able to work if I was working, would have had to have time off. For ages it was the whole morning, terrible stomach conniptions even on the better days. It was so bad last week I told David that I was going to tell the doctor I couldn't handle it and he either change the meds or I stop them completely. Yes, I know, shouldn't stop them, but I do feel I have to make a strong statement to the doctor about this as it's been so much to handle. Gladly it seems I've gained back the 2 kilos I lost through it all. 

There has been the occasional hiccup along the way with remembering to take them. I have to take one in the evenings as well as mornings and twice now I've forgotten. So I've taken it next morning along with the other morning ones. Have even fucked up on my happy pills yesterday. I was putting them in the pill container in case I stayed overnight at Davids, and done this sort of automatic thing where you take the pills after breaking them out of the foil. It was a minute or two before I realised what happened. Shit, being as my dose is 300mg/day that meant I'd taken 600mg in only about 6 hours. Fuck! Must of been far enough apart though as I'm still here. Just not having any today :s

See the doctor on Tuesday for the blood taking to see what the story is for the HIV pills. I've decided too that I want to start coming down a bit on the happy pills. Have been on this dose since 2009 at the height of the train wreck. Will dsicuss it with the doctor Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment