Wednesday 2 January 2013

HIV meds, day 18

Just looked at the calendar and it's next Tuesday that I go see the doc about the HIV pills. He has to take blood and get the results before I can continue on with them. 

I've stuck with it determinedly. Still though am undergoing periods of extreme nausea to the point of dry retching. Probably goes for about 2-3 hours after I take them. Have had such a sore stomach last couple of days too, think maybe though it was just something I ate rather than the HIV pills themselves. 

Starting to lose a bit of weight as well now from not eating much. Only a couple of kilos so I'm not concerned about it. Will bring it up with the doctor next week. Was pretty discouraged this morning during the retching episode. Just wanted it to stop. Is horrible going through this shit every fuckin morning.

Again, it wasn't anything like this with the other pills (Truvada, Virimune) I was on in 2010. I can't remember there being any great drama about anything with them, other than the kidney failure of course, but that was after about 6 months. Actually going on them was nothing like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment