Sunday 13 January 2013

HIV meds - one month

Started Sunday a month ago on the HIV meds. Go to the doctor tomorrow for the blood results; the CD4 count and viral load. 

I am pleased to report the nausea has just about gone completely now. Phew, thank fuck for that. Today I felt just a little icky but nothing like previously. It looks like finally, after 4 weeks of thrills and spills, I've gotten past the dreadful nausea bit. Man that was so bad.  

It's the orange one that caused it as that was the only one I took in the morning that could have done it. The blue ones I take at night too and are fine. The orange one is Kivexa, a bloody big pill that nearly gets stuck sometimes in my throat. Oh how pleasant...

Fingers crossed that tomorrow's results will be fine and I can continue on with these now I'm used to them. Fuck, a whole month to get used to them. That's quite a while I reckon, especially when it's such an unpleasant nausea experience. 

Oh well it's over now by the looks. At least my kidneys haven't disintegrated and my heart still beats.

No comments:

Post a Comment