Friday 15 February 2013

Bed bug last hoorah

As it turned out, the bed bugs had gotten into the carpet underneath the bed. On the first couple of nights with the new bed, I got bitten again during the night. Fuck! Being as the bed was new, the little fuckers must have been in the carpet and crawling up the bed to suck my blood. Fuck! By this time they'd gotten so much of my blood over time that I was starting to wonder if they had turned into some kind of mutant HIV+ bed bugs.... I'd vacuumed the carpet three times and gone over it with the steam mop as well. Were these things bloody indestructible?

Right. I declared war.

Considering my war options, perhaps a drone strike was in order? But alas drones only get used in un-declared wars. So I settled on this:


Lifted up the bed and leaned it against the wall, and unloaded the whole chamber of surface spray onto the carpet and the bottom of the bed. The room stunk of spray/bug death. I knew there was nothing that could have survived that. I may as well have napalmed it.

Last night I slept, bed bug free! I am hear by declaring total victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment