Sunday 24 March 2013

Sleepless night for us

I have a cold. Which is no great drama. Just that when my nose gets stuffed up a bit I snore. So I said to David yesterday, that as he's working 5 days this week it might be an idea if I slept at home so as not to wake him up. But he was adamant that he'd be fine, and later on in the afternoon I decided to capitulate and stayed the night.

He had to get up at a bit after 5am this morning. Guess what happened all night? Yep, I snored, he spent half the night poking me to stop, and got little sleep himself. In the end he didn't go to work as he was too tired. I felt really bad about it, but he pointed out the idiots yelling out in the street through the night (Sat night in the inner city) who seem incapable of understanding that at 2am people are sleeping. It's been pretty warm the last few days too and his upstairs room was so hot, couldn't even hold each other much it was too uncomfortable from sweating. Plus with all the rain lately the mosquitoes in Surry Hills have evidently had a population explosion and inevitably find their way into the bedroom, so we're spraying fly spray in the night after waking up after being bitten. All in all it wasn't the best night to sleep, particularly with me snoring.

Think David is starting to consider that with the fatigue related to HIV his job is more demanding physically. He was also surprised with my blood results, pointing out that my CD4 count is better than his. I simply said that it's something to think about with HIV; how it affects your work. Also said how stress can have such a big impact, like when my CD4 count dropped 100 points when I was going through all that bank BS. Plus he's working hard physically as a nurse, whereas I'm at least able to sleep enough.

Think I'll spend tonight home, poor dear needs his sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment