Thursday 4 April 2013

David has a lung infection

David went and saw his doctor today. She said he has an infection in one of his lungs, and given him strong antibiotics for it. He may also need a ventilator thing like people with asthma have, but she told him to try the anti-biotics first. He's been coughing all the time the last few days so I'm not at all surprised.

I hope the antibiotics do the trick. I know how serious a lung infection can get if it doesn't get cleared up in a hurry. My wife used to get bronchial asthma and spent more than one occasion in hospital with blood clots on her lungs from coughing. An extremely serious state of affairs as the blood clots can come loose and kill you. They disolve the clots in hospital with Warfarin.

I may have to point out to David that he should have gone to the doctors earlier, particularly with him being HIV+. He's the nurse though and knows all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment