Tuesday 16 April 2013

Dentist visit

Went yesterday. Got examined again and they're going to put a partial plate in and take out 4 front teeth. I go back Friday week to have the teeth out and the plate put in. Actually one of them came out in the visit when they were making the mould, the really loose one was only hanging by hardly anything. They took an x-ray and there was no bone holding it in there at all, just some soft tissue. When they did the mould of the top teeth it stuck to the mould thing when they were pulling it out. So I have about a week and a half missing a front tooth.


The dentist was a bit apologetic but I said it was fine, I mean the thing was annoying the hell out of me. Really interfering with kissing David. Eating was a problem too as it was starting to hurt quite a bit. I dunno how the dental hospital expected me to wait forever on a waiting list when my fuckin teeth were starting to fall out of my mouth FFS. Added to the waiting list are all us people also who've been left in the lurch by the cancellation of the Chronic Disease Dental Scheme as well.

I sort of like the temporary look for the moment. Gives me a bit of character, and makes me look a bit like a roughian.

It was a lot less than I thought it might be. Just under $1,000 for the whole thing; getting the other three teeth out and the partial plate fitted. I guess I made the right choice in dentists, certainly a lot cheaper than the other one I used to see. 

So there it is, I'll be fixed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment