Wednesday 22 May 2013

Man suicides over gay marriage - France

This blows me head away (no pun intended). I guess it does show the insane levels of anti-gay feelings in some individuals. 

I've been suicidal before, as long time blog readers here would attest to. But honestly I can't imagine ever taking the ultimate step and ending my life, simply because two people who I don't even know of the same sex will be able to get married.
A far-right French historian shot himself in the head beside the altar of Notre Dame cathedral in Paris today apparently in protest against the legalisation of gay marriage in France.

Dominique Venner, 78, a former member of the nationalist terrorist movement, OAS, placed a pistol in his mouth and shot himself dead in front of scores of tourists inside the most visited building in France.

Mr Venner, a presenter on a Catholic-traditionalust radio station and controversial historian and essayist, posted an essay on his website earlier in the day calling for "new, spectacular and symbolic actions to shake us out of our sleep, to jolt anaesthetised minds and to reawaken memory of our origins". more  
I note he's an historian. Did he have some personal attachment to history, or did he think he was another one of those self appointed defenders of civilisation or some crap?Man, this is really out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment