Tuesday 2 July 2013

First fight with David

Had a rough time last evening. David and I had our first fight. Yes, 8 months together and we've only just had it, that's pretty good going I reckon.

As usual with these things it started over fuck all. My daughter is still a bit rough around the edges, and spoke rather abruptly and sharply to him. Myself I didn't even notice the way she spoke, after all I've been through with her. If I had of I'd thought nothing of it, it's just her and she doesn't mean anything by it. David however took exception.

And it went from there. The problem was he has just recently had a bit of a drink of red wine, and I've told him it just goes straight to his head. Other day he was falling around the loungeroom drinking it. Ack, revolting stuff. Then not remembering a thing about it the next morning. So last night he had another drink or two of this red wine, and went bananas about the way my daughter spoke to him.

I just let him go. He carried on like a lunatic about it. Talk about Jeckle and Hide. In the end he passed out in bed and I slept on the lounge with a pillow and big woollen blanket, after tipping the rest of the wine down the sink. Of course he comes out through the night wondering why the fuck I'm sleeping on the lounge. Can't remember a thing about it all. Even said "I don't know what happened".

He made a bit of an effort this morning to justify how the whole thing started, citing my daughter's language to him. I said that's nothing compared to what she used to be like, confused at why he was so annoyed about something so small. Anyway we hugged and all and it's over now. 

So there it is, our very first fight darlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment