Thursday 4 July 2013

House inspection!

I woke up with a start. I was having a bad dream, that I was trying to get back home but couldn't, or some shit like that. Had also been up about 5 bloody times through the night with diarrhoea and rather severe stomach pains with it and so was still feeling like I needed more sleep.

I looked at the clock, it was 8:30. Remembering that the real estate was coming to do a routine inspection of the place at 10:00 I decided to jump out of bed and get myself going. David came into the bedroom (he'd gotten up at some horrifyingly early time) and told me he was going to tidy up a bit in the room as he'd already tidied up the loungeroom. I didn't think the bedroom was in much need of any tidying up, but anyway proceeded to the shower.

Turned on the hot water and waited for it to get hot. As the place is so old the hot water cylinder is in the ceiling at the other end of the house than the bathroom, and the only water pressure for the hot is gravity. So I'm standing there naked waiting for the shower to get hot.

I realise that on getting up so quickly and bolting to the bathroom, I'd not taken my pills. Turned off the water and went in the bedroom to take them. David is making the bed, and asks me to pull the other side of the sheet to make it straight on my side. OK now that made three things going on in my head at once; Shower, pills, and bedmaking. Comedically I said "OK, so I'll take a shower, take my pills, and make the bed all at the same time....

May sound a bit silly, but this is what I have to deal with all the time. Whatever that mental skill is, it didn't come back after the brain injury. Now if I have more than a couple of things happening I get confused and overwhelmed. David thought it a bit funny, asking "What would you do without me to organise you?"  :)

Anyway the real estate came and it was only a quick visit. Nothing wrong except for what I told them was wrong with the place. I mentioned the idiot next door who complained about the slamming front door, if he in fact ended up complaining to them. Also the gas cooktop is on it's last legs and may need replacing. Not holding my breath on it being replaced

Still nothing said about a rent increase. It's been the same now for must be nearly three years, and is at least $50 a week less than to rent somewhere around here similar. Am keeping my lips quiet on that one. Sydney rents are utterly outrageous anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment