Sunday 14 July 2013

Kiwi gay athlete & Sochi Olympics

In what is something that I'd likely do as well if I was him, New Zealand speed skater Blake Skjellerup says he won't be changing the way he acts in the Russian Sochi Olympics, and if he gets into trouble with the anti-gay Russian laws then so be it. 
Other gay athletes have a different view about going to Sochi. Blake Skjellerup, a New Zealand speed skating hopeful who competed in Vancouver in 2010, said if he goes to Russia next year, he won’t “tone down or change” who he is for anyone. “If that gets me in trouble, then I guess so be it,” he said. more
If he does get done by this new Russian law, he will likely face up to 15 days in jail and deportation. I wonder what the IOC would think about that then? Or the Russian tourist industry? Or Kiwi's back home who've recently passed gay marriage?

Here he is in a little video.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment