Tuesday 9 July 2013

Seeking legal advice

Am not going to say much about it at this stage in case it ends up in court. Last week it became clear at David's work that they all knew his HIV status. Some of the backstabbing and questioning by staff members about his being HIV+ was completely ridiculous and the last sort of thing you'd expect to come from those who work in the medical profession. People asking if they could get HIV through normal contact FFS.

At the end of his shift he was called in and spoken to by staff in charge there about it. Needless to say he was pretty devastated when he got home. I could tell straight away he was upset and asked him why.

But again not saying too much yet. He's seeking legal advice through the appropriate channels. I know for a fact that his right to privacy has been violated, and to me it looks like he's been discriminated against because of his HIV. We shall see.

He hasn't been back there since. Doesn't want to go. I don't blame him. When I told the people in charge at my work ages ago I told them straight out that if my HIV status went through the whole place I'd just leave. But more than that, if someone tells about your status behind your back I'm pretty sure there's something very illegal about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment