Friday 16 August 2013

Daughter staying for now

She nearly got ripped off. 

It sounded rather suspicious to me right from the start, the place she had lined up to move into. She reckoned it was a one bedroom in Waterloo for $180 a week, which sounded way too cheap. I asked if she was sure it wasn't a bedsitter, and then she got the shits with me for raining on her parade..... *sigh* You just can't tell the young people of today anything can you.... But it got much worse.

She also said that it wasn't through a real estate agent but the landlord himself. And she couldn't see the place until 4 weeks rent and 4 weeks bond were paid. Which sparked red warning lights going off everywhere in my head. But what do I know? I'm only 51. Oh to be as smart as a 22 year old! But it got even worse.

Turned out the people who had advertised the place lived in England, on the story that the owner worked there. They wanted her, without even looking at the place, to send the 8 weeks rent and bond to England, and they would send the key out to her here in Sydney :s  It was at this point my daughter pulled the plug and declared it a con job. Honestly I dunno how they think people would be that stupid.

So now she's talking about getting somewhere with one of her friends and planning the whole move properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment