Thursday 3 April 2014

Cancer biopsy results

Got a phone call from the anal cancer study people that I'm taking part in. They were going to email me with the biopsy results that they took, but thought it better to ring me and explain them.

They said about 50% of guys on their first visit, their results come back as positive for the HPV virus, and biopsy's that come back as "high grade", whatever that means. I'm glad he told me that, as he said that mine had come back as "high grade".

I asked what does that mean? The answer was that usually the immune system clears it on it's own. In any case they'll have another look in 6 months when I go back for the next appt. And that in fact the taking of the biopsy would aid the healing of it.

So there you go. By taking part in this anal cancer study, I may well have saved myself from anal cancer.

He laughed when I told him about the week I was supposed to not have sex (receptive). We lasted all of two days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment