Saturday 5 April 2014

I've gone Windows 8 :s

There was a few hundred $ left from my redundancy ages ago. Instead of just frittering it away on bits and pieces I decided to use the last of it to get something better, namely a new PC. The other one is showing signs of giving up the ghost, Sometimes the keyboard stops working for no reason, haven't the faintest idea why. It has to be restarted to fix it, very annoying if I'm in the middle of something. Think I might need a new mouse as well as that's playing up too.

So I just got a little notebook thing, although it's big enough to have a DVD drive built in. A reasonable price at $500. Has a you beaut 500 gig hard on drive. Only problem is it's all Windows 8 now. Haven't a clue how to work the bloody thing. Last night I had to look up the instructions to find out how to turn it off. Ridiculous. Why do they do this so when you buy a new PC you have to learn virtually a whole new operating system?

Anyway I'm stumbling through it. I have to install all the usual things that I put on a new PC; particular programs that I use and the devices. Got the thing online so that's a plus. Even got the wireless WiFi thingo working by putting this string of numbers and letters in for the code. The main thing I reckon is to find where everything is. All the stuff from Windows 7 seems to be hiding. And WTF is this bizarre "start" screen with a whole bunch of box things on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment