Monday 7 April 2014

Windows 8 dis-functionality

Have pretty well got the new PC going to where I'm able to use it in a familiar way. Just about all the devices installed without a problem, except the printer. Windows 8, for some inglorious reason, will not recognise my fairly recently bought Epsom printer. I even tried doing an installation where it got all the latest drivers and all online instead of off the installation disk. But nothing worked. Everything would install fine but it wouldn't recognise the printer when it came to turning it on for the PC to say hello to it. I even searched online for the specific latest drivers after finding my specific printer module and installed them, but it was still fucked.

I'm giving the other PC to David, so I've told him if something needs printing we'll have to use his PC. Thank you Windows 8 for this lovely piece of dis-functionality.  Can't even talk to my printer. *Pfffft*

David has no PC. He's not into computers at all, despite it being the 21st century. He's been playing games on the old one, just the pre-installed things that came with the PC, really gets into them. So I thought I'd give him that PC and he just might take up the challenge and enter the modern world.

He's all set up here with it. WiFi through the house. He's not too keen on the big wide world of the internet though. I'm saying it's easy, just press that button at the top and the internet starts..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment