Friday 4 July 2014

Hockey blusters bullshit to senate

Smokin sloppy Joe is at it again. Apparently he thinks that by throwing his weight around in the senate he'll get his way. As I've said a number of times now, the gov has no idea what it's in for in the senate. Preaching bullshit to the non-converted isn't going to work Joe.

And what a load of hot air it is. My internal bullshit meter started moving wildly when I came across a link to an article in The Australian (The Gov Mouthpiece) entitled "Joe Hockey warns Senate it has other ways to force through budget measures". 

Oh really? Good grief WTF is he going to do I thought? Plow the budget through the senate with a tank? The mind boggles. Curiosity got the better of me and I became determined to find out WTF he was planning.

So I follow the link the The Australian article, where promptly a pay wall goes up and all I can see is 2 sentences. So I assume that the story would be getting covered by other outlets and search online. Nothing. All the Google links follow back to The Australian article behind a pay-wall. My bullshit meter is now going totally berserk. But then I come across a politics forum, and there's the whole article. Hah! The Oz pay-wall foiled. Here's the link to the original article in The Australian.

So I intently read through the article, with baited breath, champing at the bit to find smokin sloppy Joe's big grand plan to force through the budget. I keep reading and reading..........  and reading........ and I find nothing. No plan, simply nothing. He's just blustering and making noises whilst the senate axe is about to fall.
“There are always other ways we can get some of that reform happening,” Mr Hockey said. 

“What we’ve got to do is get things moving. 

“The best way to do that is not to have various handbrakes in the Senate being pulled for political purposes, but simply to keep driving to make sure we do get the growth agenda and jobs agenda through. 

“It may take more than one occasion for us to try and get things through ... but we will not waver in our determination to get the best policies through the Parliament to deliver the growth and jobs agenda that Australia sorely needs.” 

Mr Hockey’s warning came after Palmer United Party senator Jacqui Lambie said her party’s senators would not compromise in their opposition to several key budget measures. more
WTF? That's supposed to be a warning? That's supposed to be resolve? Fuckin hell, nobody in the senate is going to be trembling at the knees over that one. What a load of blustering bullshit hot air. Go back to your cigars Joe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment