Sunday 3 August 2014

HIV/AIDS doco - Excellent! :)

I'll have to thank Google for this one. It seems to be getting to know me and suggesting some rather interesting YouTube videos for me to watch lately. This one is a bolt right out of the blue. Have never heard of it. Dunno even what year it was made as there's no description. But it's absolutely the best doco I've ever seen so far about dealing with HIV in the modern gay world. Gays openly discuss what is a part of life for many people; their sex world.

Much of the stuff really identified with me. Where I caught HIV was in a gay sex club, with signs at the desk saying that it was a shared place between positive and negative guys, and use a condom when fucking. Negative people don't, for their own reasons. Mine was that I didn't give a fuck if I lived or died, indeed dying sounded like a good option anyway. I'd had enough of everything. There was no mental health intervention. I just didn't care. 

My reaction to getting HIV was therefore not usual. It was like another last straw. I don't think it even registered much at the time. Ironically, it was only after I was diagnosed positive that I recieved the mental help I'd need in the first place. 

And yes, I know of at least one person who willingly got HIV as his partner had it and he didn't want condoms. Yes it happens, here in Sydney. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment