Tuesday 19 August 2014

My rather desperate email to BGF

My BGF contact person there is unwell today so I sent an email to them. I need a letter of support from there for the Housing form. It sort of turned into rather a long rave however. Wasn't planned. After reading through and sending it, I decided to post most of it here:
Also, our situation has become even more desperate, if that's possible. David's work lied to Centrelink when they rung them to make sure he had a job to go back to (a stipulation of getting the Sickness Allowance). They said he'd resigned. He hadn't. They lied. The whole Sickness Allowance claim fell over at the goal posts because his work is doing a number on him. BTW HALC agreed last week to take on the company in a discrimination claim.

Centrelink then said they could put him on Newstart and so began a whole new Newstart claim. The latest on that is that they're still waiting on David's work for an employment separation certificate, after two weeks at which time they'll give the "benefit of the doubt" to David.

On top of this, they've reduced my pension by about $200 a fortnight as we're doing this whole Centrelink claim thing as a couple of course, so they've put me down I guess to the lowest possible couple rate until they sort out David's claim.

We are now completely buggered. All we have, while Centrelink stuffs around for about 2 more weeks it looks like, is my reduced pension amount at about $750 a fortnight. The rent is $760. Other than the credit card, we don't know how to pay the rent and food as we've just run out of that $750 after one week. This included one week's rent of $380 and supporting both of us for that week.

I've called the Food Distribution Network and a lady is coming Monday morning to make sure we qualify and the first delivery will be on the Tuesday the day after.

This has all had a terrible impact on both our mental health states. ****** had a social worker come in and see us when we were in the Housing meeting as we were in such need. Waiting to hear back on their acceptance speech with that one. We're both on record as suicidal, I have bad anxiety, this isn't helping. I was shaking uncontrollably a lot of last week, and had the most horrible of panic attacks on Friday night.

Apart from the letters for ******, is there any other way you can help us?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment