Wednesday 20 August 2014

Put your money where your mouth is Australia

OK Australia. This is it. We're fucked us two. Australia has always prided itself in having a very good welfare system. Well if anyone needs it, it's us now. Nigh on two months since contacting Centrelink, David still has not a cent and they've cut my pension money by $100 a week.

I had a friend a while back in Florida, my best friend in fact at the time, who killed herself as she could get no support to survive and wasn't going to do homelessness. On the verge of the sheriff coming to evict her and her cat, she killed herself. I always blamed the US for that and it's intransigence to the poor. I never thought I"d experience it here.

I'm not doing homelessness either. Not after working 30 years. Not after that being in Australia and the compassionate country it tries to represent itself as being.

So put your money where your mouth is Australia. So far we've seen nothing whilst in the deepest of need. Are you going to do what the US did to my best friend in Florida? Or are you going to help us? 

No comments:

Post a Comment