Saturday 4 October 2014

Abbott charged with assault :s - blast from the past

Perhaps we should couple this with the wink? A long time ago and the charges dropped so accordingly the court thing was over. The evidence given by the woman however is startling to say the least. I mean she alleged that this happened in front of 200 people, why on earth would she make it up? It was a serious charge that went to court. Despite there being 200 people in the audience though, there were 7 witness for Abbott denying the position of the touch:
"She said: 'I had just commenced speaking when I felt a hand between my legs on my lower buttocks. I was wearing jeans. I jumped back, turned around, and saw Tony Abbott laughing about two feet away. The people in the audience began laughing and jeering', Miss Wilson said." 

Questioned by Mr Abbott's lawyer, the woman, who said she was the editor of two student newspapers, denied she was a women's activist. 

"She also denied having brought the charge against Abbott because he was a student leader with political views which clashed with hers," The Daily Telegraph report said. 

Mr Abbott, who was in his third year of economics and law studies, told the court he had been asked to the college to support withdrawal from the AUS. 

"Abbott said: 'She was speaking about me in a highly critical way, calling me an AUS basher and noted right-wing supporter'," The Daily Telegraph reported. 

"'To let her know I was standing behind her I leaned forward and tapped her on the back, about the level of her jeans belt. I just wanted to attract her attention'." 

Seven witnesses said they saw Mr Abbott touch Ms Wilson on the back. 

Outside the court Mr Abbott said the woman's evidence was "politically motivated". He threatened to consider action for malicious prosecution. more  

No comments:

Post a Comment