Saturday 4 October 2014

Got my Super money - severe financial hardship

Well some of it. You can access up to $10,000 a year of your private superannuation if you meet the criteria for a "Severe Financial Hardship" claim. Here is the criteria:


Which I easily met. It was so incredibly easy. A small two page form that you put your Centrelink Reference Number  (CRN) on. I sent the form in by registered snail mail Friday week ago, and today we noticed that the money was already in my account. The $10,000 was taxed so I got $7,800. The other $2,200 I'm told by the $guru I can get that back next July after the end of the financial year.

Another big advantage of this is that you don't have to deal with any gov bureaucracy. This claim is made directly to your superannuation company. It took me one week to get this from the day I put the letter in the mail. The $30,000 that I had to get out a couple of years back took nine months bogged down in Canberra bureaucracy.

I must say I'm feeling very proud of myself at this moment. All my hard work over the last 30 years is finally starting to pay off. I've never been a bludger, have lots of money in my super even after raiding it a few times. Finally it's becoming reasonably accessible to me now. 

One of the hardest things to swallow in all of these financial dramas in recent times, is knowing that I have tens of thousands in a Super fund that the gov wasn't going to let me touch until I got older. Hello, I'm 52 and fucked up...... This way gets me at least some of it.

So yeah, we're now safe and sound for the next while. Again, I'm really proud of my hard work over the years that has put me in the position now of being able to save myself from bankruptcy because of all that hard work I did. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment