Sunday 26 October 2014

I have divested my superannuation from dirty energy

I've got on the divestment bandwagon!

So I took a look online at my superannuation account. There's still $60,000 in there despite all the drawing on it I've managed to accomplish in the last few years. It was nearly twice that much at one stage. Like I said, have been working full time for 30 years before all of this. So, it's still a sizable sum. 

I took a look at all the investment options available with Australian Super. "Sustainable Balanced" looked like the one for me:


Next I looked at the performance of this Sustainable Balanced fund (at the bottom). 

Wow, that looks alright. About 15% per year. I thought green industries were poorly performing compared to the dirty ones, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. After all it's an emerging industry of the future. Divest! Divest! 

Last century they went from coal powered boats and that to oil power. This century will be going from oil and coal to renewables. Just that little thing called survival of the species there. Divest! Divest!

Which I did, putting all of the $60,000 into this sustainable fund. Fuck you Gina :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment