Thursday 9 October 2014

Thanks to all those who support BGF - me

 photo sheep2.gif
Would just like to say thank you to anyone ever who has supported the Bobby Goldsmith Foundation over the decades. Thanks for caring. Thanks for the practical help.

Earlier today I went in to get the two monthly HIV prescription at the Albion St Clinic Pharmacy. I had $12 from the kitchen jar to pay for it, and said I needed a receipt for BGF as they were going to pay for it.

The pharmacist looked at the prescription, and went over to a PC. She came back and said I don't need your money as you're on the list from BGF and it's free. 

What happens is that they get a list from BGF and all HIV meds are free for those people on that list. I was flabbergasted as she handed me back the money, and when I picked it up a few minutes later she took great pleasure in telling me it was free and I didn't have to pay.

$12 may not sound much to some people, but for me it's a lot.

So thank you again to all those people who have made that possible, from me the recipient of your generosity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment