Wednesday 19 November 2014

ReefReels goes global - Upworthy

There's some really beautiful shots of the Great Barrier Reef in this. Have been up there myself years ago, did the flying over in a small plane thing. Took some excellent pictures. That was back before digital cameras.

 

Update:

I went through the archives and found some pics from all those years ago when my girlfriend and I went up there for a holiday shortly after coming here from New Zealand. There's more somewhere but these will do, illustrating what we want to save from the Abbott coal mines. Old pics from the '80's scanned. 

One day my daughter may very well go up there for such a holiday in the future. What parent wouldn't want this preserved for their kids? Let alone for the sake of the planet. It's one of the natural wonders of the world, and the gov wants to fuck it over for coal, dredging the shit out of it to make room for coal ships.

No comments:

Post a Comment