Thursday 6 November 2014

Split my head open in fall - bathroom

I don't believe it. Ended up at Emergency again last night, didn't get out until 4am. 

Sustained a severe bathroom injury. Had just finished a lovely shower and about to get out after drying myself mostly, and slipped on the bathmat (it's not a very good one). My feet went out from under me and I went head first over the side of the bath, hitting my head hardly on the edge of the toilet. A great thumping sound, which David heard in the next room.

"Ow, ow....." Nurse David come running in and picks me up, looking at what had happened. "Fuck!" he says. Just above my eye my head had been split open in a 2cm long gash and deep. He grabs it and sticks it together. Says I need stitching up. I look in the mirror and go "eeek". Ambulance rang.

Long story short, three stitches above my eye, tetanus shot, massive black eye this morning, swollen up. Sore head. Doctor who stitched it up said I'd done a good job on it :s  Also complimenting nurse David on his wound care in the interim. Pretty sore and sorry today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment