Friday 19 December 2014

Brother from New Zealand coming to stay


He's spent all his life in Taranaki, New Zealand (on the North Island, or the "mainland" as us North Islander's like to call it). He has a son in Brisbane and has decided to come and spend lots of time with him there. He rang last night (still doesn't email FFS) and confirmed he's coming down to Sydney for a bit. Also bringing his son. There's only one double bed in the spare room, unless one of them is happy to sleep on the lounge cushions. 

I better make sure he brings lots of money with him. Fuck we're as broke as, presently. I assume David will be starting his new job early in the new year, but until then it's still scrapping by on the dole and my pension.

So there you go. My country bumpkin older brother is coming to stay with his gay brother and partner in Sydney. I'm pretty nervous as haven't seen him in years apart from having a meal with him last time he came. He stayed with my sister that time and was only here for a couple of days. That was the first time he'd ever set foot in Sydney. This will be the second. Cripes, I smell culture shock...

Strange he stayed in Taranaki his whole life. He was always saying how he was going to flee the wretched place when he was old enough. Then he ended up staying there his whole fuckin life :s 

Suppose I better sort out bus tickets for them. How the fuck I do that I'm not so sure as they've got this new all guns firing cashless card thing happening with it now. Better look it up, there must be something visitors can use. The new card is very good actually once it's all set up. Just waves in front of the machine and beeps, and can put money on it online. Really easy. Completely cashless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment