Saturday 3 January 2015

Contacted immigration about my nephew bashing David

Being as my nephew is a New Zealander and hasn't been living here for so long, I made an inquiry to the Dept of Immigration and Border Protection. Word has it from my sister that he came to Australia to escape trouble in New Zealand.

Things are very different now from when I arrived in 1985. Back then all you needed was a passport and had permanent residency and access to all gov services as soon as you stepped foot of the plane. Now though you need a special visa. Which I assume can be revoked if circumstances require. 

So I got a reply to my inquiry very soon after sending the email. They have forwarded it to the relevant area of the dept and even gave a link to an online dob in service. I had explained the attack as being vicious and frenzied, and included pictures of the blood over the wall and floor and David's face.

The dept requires that people coming to Australia be of good character to stay here. This attack was anything but good character. What's more with both of us being Australian citizens (me naturalised in the early 1990's) it makes the crime even worse as far as immigration goes. It's very much on the cards that my nephew could have his visa revoked and be deported back to New Zealand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment