Friday 16 January 2015

Printer rage!

Grrrrr! Another one bites the dust.

There's no quality anymore to stuff. All made in China for the lowest possible price and it ends up falling to bits after a while so you have to buy another one. I'm up to about my fourth bloody printer in only a few years now. They just seem to die inside and stop working. I'm actually starting to wonder if there's an internal self destruct built into these things that goes off after a couple of years just to give you the shits.

So I had to print out this form for David to do with his superannuation. Of course the stupid printer was too aloof to say hello to my Windows 8 and I have to use David's PC to get the thing going. BTW it's an Epsom. I successfully tell it to print out this six page form, it starts printing the first page, get's half way through it, spits the rest of it out blank.

WTF? I look on the screen. It's telling me the printer doesn't recognise the magenta cartridge. WTF? It's been in there for ages printing happily, so much so that the ink was getting low. So I try the old trick of turning it off and turning it back on. It's even worse now, as the printer doesn't recognise any of the four ink cartridges. It even goes so far as to put a big X next to each one of them. 

They were all really low on ink anyway so I just thought maybe it was that. I go up the shop and get some more. I've always used the half price ones that aren't genuine but have always worked fine. Put them in the printer. Big X's everywhere. I finally decide the printer has gone the way of many before it and died inside.

It's sitting on the floor now all unplugged and looking very sad. I imagine the scanner still works but I don't need another scanner. Perhaps one of the neighbours who's a bit of a PC guru can find some use for it.

I bought another one on special for only $34. A Canon thing, works well so far. Windows 8 and it get along like the best of friends at the moment. Will see how long this one lasts then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment