Wednesday 18 March 2015

Diagnosed with a fatty liver

Been to the doctors earlier for the follow up appt about my liver and blood pressure. There was reasonably bad news and quite good news.

The good news is that my blood pressure was perfect, at 111 over 80. I nearly fainted on the spot. I have such stubborn high blood pressure, but this new pill he's given me has done the trick.

The bad news is the fatty liver diagnosis. Apparently caused by beers, as I don't eat a lot of fatty foods at all. Must be getting old you know. 

It seems a relatively simple thing do deal with. Just don't drink, or at least reduce the amount of drinks and the fattyness goes away. Which is what I've been wanting to do lately as have been getting a bit overboard with beers. This will be a good excuse to do so.  

I'm not the average patient though am I. The doctor's concern is that if I just ignore it and keep going the way I have been then my liver may end up falling off the cliff like my kidneys did. I'm not sure what that would involve but I'm certain it'd be very unpleasant and to be avoided. 

Unlike my kidneys though the liver thing has been picked up early and is treatable, without an emergency trip in a panic to the hospital along with two months dialysis :s 

No comments:

Post a Comment