Wednesday 11 March 2015

My liver is stuffed

Oh great. Typical. My doctor has given some rather concerning news. Although I'm not as concerned as I might be. Disaster and problems seem to have a way of following me around. You get to just shrug your shoulders in the end, meh.

Anyway there was some good news. The HIV pills are doing marvelously with the HIV. I remain with an undetectable viral load and a CD4 count of 1,100. So nothing wrong there.

However my liver is showing signs of wear and tear. To say the least. Doctor showed me on the screen what some count is, being over 500. It's supposed to be 50. Good grief. When I do things I don't do them in halves do I. It's very swollen he says and needs a bit of drastic action.

So it's off the beer. Drat. He took some more blood. Tomorrow I'm getting a liver scan, have to get up early and get the bus into the clinic. The usual non fatty diet, but I don't eat fatty stuff anyway, so that really is a "meh" for that one. 

Went and got the bloods done at the centre and one of the nurses said "You were just in last week getting bloods". I said "Apparently I have liver problems". Of course they do the test for Hep C. You can get re-infected with it, even if you've cleared it yourself as I did. 

Never a dull moment here. Bloody doctors, always finding things wrong with you!

He gave me some Maxalon for nausea. I related how weird it was, seems to come and go without any indication. 

My blood pressure is also too high. I've got a brand new tablet now for that one to see how it goes. I have very stubborn high blood pressure, have done for years. Suppose it just gets worse with age. I'll be 53 next month. Amazing I've made it this far with all that's happened.

Cheers everyone. I'm having a last day of beer for who knows how long. Not that I've been drinking much anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment