Sunday 5 April 2015

Email from my daughter with pic of Felix

Must say it was so weird how it came about. I'd been doing a letter to her on Word and eventually emailed it as an attachment to her uncle down the coast, who has said he'd forward things like that to her. This is because as far as I'm aware she'd still have me blocked from her email and phone. After over a year FFS. *sheesh* I sent that at about 5pm the other day. The first sort of letter email I've done like that to her, the only other email being the scanned birthday card at the end of last year.

Anyway, out of the blue, and on the very same day that I sent my email to her via her uncle, she sent me one too. Only it was at about 2pm, 3 hours before I sent mine. That's pretty freaky. It went into my junk as it was from a new email she'd set up and I didn't see it until the next day. We'd had no contact whatsoever for months, in fact one brief phone call in about a year and a quarter. Yet somehow we end up sending each other emails, both right out of the blue, on the very same day.

She wants to meet for coffee down the road. Of course going through my head is "What does she want?", but you never know. Perhaps she's actually realising what it would mean to carry through with what she said in her last dummy spit. Excommunicating a parent for life over their partner would leave her with a mind full of regrets when I'm gone. And let's face it, I'm not the spring chook I used to be. Alas the flower of youth has long passed me by darlings, and the old body's showing definite signs of wear and tear.

Here's the picture of Felix she sent. First look I've had of him since she left in her last almighty fit of rage, clutching him as if we were evil or some shit. Oh the dramatics! I thought I was bad, but I've got nothing on her. Felix and Natasha pretty much fell in love when Felix was here, must have been horrible for Natasha; suddenly Felix is gone without so much as a goodbye.


That was something pretty strange too about the emails we both sent. We both exchanged cat pictures, her of Felix and me of Zach.  

No comments:

Post a Comment