Wednesday 6 May 2015

Saw the financial counselor today

Done it this morning, a meeting of about 40 minutes. All went well. I explained how we ended up in this situation and it not being our fault with circumstances beyond our control. Took the Centrelink payment statements of both of us in, along with our bank statements. 

We have fuck all, and the payments we're getting off Centrelink are just enough to survive with the rent we pay. Unfortunately the Commonwealth Bank has a reputation now for being complete assholes. I just shrugged, saying you can't get blood out of a stone, they can take me to court if they want it won't change a thing. He reckoned sometimes the bank will sell the debt to a debt collector, at which I said that they could also take me to court. I can't wave a magic wand and make the money appear from nowhere.

He did a rough budget thingo, going through expenditures. All just living. He got to "entertainment". I laughed. Maybe a couple of beers at the pub on occasion for a big day out. Other than that it's downloading a whole heap of torrents from the net for free :)  Well we are a charity case you know.

He said it'll be a few weeks before he gets back to me. I said good, I'm in no hurry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment