Monday 5 October 2015

Both been unwell lately

It all seems to be around the court date and psycho nephews undoing. 

Quite apart from the trauma David had to deal with in another court date about his bashing, it took a lot for me to get up there and be interrogated by their counsel. It wasn't just a short thing, took around 45 minutes I reckon, not sure about that. But the first time in life I've ever had to do that. 

I was nervous about saying the wrong thing or not expressing myself enough for the magistrate to understand what we'd been through. In the end it appeared to turn out OK though, some of the results were surprising.

I did of course have that terrible week leading up to it. Semi migraines, hardly any sleep, nerves taking their toll. Since the court I've been feeling very weak at times, short of breath, and generally feeling unwell. A lot of aches and pains all over, back has been killing me sometimes. Just standing leaning a bit at the kitchen sink in the morning doing the dishes has been somewhat of a challenge, with back pain and weakness coming to the fore. Last week or so have had a bit of ankle swelling too, dunno what that is but seeing the doctor tomorrow. Everything has been such an effort, even just going down to the shops for a few groceries has seen me come back panting a bit and exhausted.

Nervousness and stress take their toll on someone with chronic illness, particularly with HIV as stress and anxiety goes straight to the immune system. Would rather try to push myself through it though. It may not be much doing some housework and shopping but I want to at least try and give a contribution to helping David as he does so much for me.

David has been unwell too, I reckon as well the court stress. He's not as forthcoming with it though and tends to bravely hold things inside, but I can see it. He's had terrible asthma lately, coughing and coughing and coughing. Having to use the stronger asthma spray he's got for it. Came into bed the other night and he was a bit freaked out as he had a coughing fit to the point of having trouble breathing. I told him to slow it down every few minutes, he was taking 3 breaths to my one and hyperventilating. He's had a sore throat and nose too, sneezing like mad. Again, stress goess straight to the immune system.

But hey we're together and stronger with each other than ever. We could have it a lot worse. The court is over now and the bashing we can put behind us. Been a long nine months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment