Monday 5 January 2015

David needed a CT scan after the bashing

Been out this morning with David for moral support. It's the first time he's been out since the bashing from my nephew 5 days ago and he was concerned about being out in public looking like something out of a horror movie. Think it made a difference having me there with him when he saw his doctor. She was appalled. Ordered an x-ray to make sure of no fractures, and was pleased to meet me for the first time.

We left there and went to the x-ray place. However when he first went in for the x-ray he was told he'd need a CT scan as he'd lost consciousness for a bit after the assault. A normal x-ray wouldn't show any internal bleeding if there was. So we waited for ages as the CT scan guy was busy, but it was over very quickly when he went in and back out in no time. He'll ring his doctor in due course, or she him if there's any problems. They were also appalled at him being bashed and stomped on in his own home by my nephew.

Had to laugh a bit with his doctor. I asked her just out of interest what was the chance of the HIV being passed on from David to my nephew via his knuckles. She replied "Unfortunately not much" as his HIV is well under control and undetectable. I said well we won't tell him that. She agreed, and to tell the nephew David's viral load was enormous and to let him sweat it out for the next three months :)  I liked her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment