Sunday 23 January 2011

How bad it got

Am beginning to realise just how bad things got this time. One of the fundamental things about it has been the level of recovery regarding the brain damage received from lack of oxygen. Lungs had filled up with fluid and I got pneumonia, pretty much drowning. I dunno how long I was lying there like that, but long enough to starve parts of my head of oxygen.  


It's taken me quite a while after getting back home to actually feel like I'm in familiar surroundings again; even things that were there before I wouldn't recognise straight away and it would take a minute or two. Like home wasn't entirely home. I remember looking at the kitchen steamer for cooking, and taking about a minute to recognise what it actually was. The last week has been good to get home but also a period of re-learning the familiarity of home. Home being slightly strange.


I have a feeling my recovery from this is going to take longer than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment