Monday 18 August 2014

Dr visit today

Finally at last got in to see my GP, after having to cancel twice last week in two days because of Centrelink dramas. Today's visit was so he could fill out this Housing medical thing for the housing form that is currently under construction. I sailed in there saying that today's visit was just going to be all boring form filling. 

Actually I had too many forms for him to fill in. I asked just to do the urgent Housing one for the moment, which he went ahead and started doing.

He asked how I'd been doing, and from then on it was the great bla from me. Long story short he was aghast at much of it, not in the least Centrelink telling us to seek charity. He even stopped everything for a moment to look up the social workers at ACON, but I said a social worker there was called in to see us when we were there for the Housing meeting.

He agreed we needed one for at least some sort of representation after what we'd been put through. I explained how incapable either of us where of dealing with all of this mentally and physically. That's been one of my biggest questions through all of this. I'm on the DSP. I'm sick, much of that to do with mental health issues. Why the fuck are they then putting me through something that I'm demonstrably not able to cope with?

No comments:

Post a Comment