Tuesday 19 August 2014

Coffee shop refuses job to black person, on race - Sydney


Far out. This asshole picked the wrong place to be a racist prick; right in the middle of eastern Sydney and the gay community. Seriously in the middle of it, with both ACON and BGF only metres away. He refused a job to a black guy because he claimed his customers wouldn't want to have their coffee made by a black person.
‘When I came to the cafĂ© for the interview today, he looked at me and looked surprised. He didn’t like what he saw.

'We sat down and he said, "but you’re black?"

‘I said "yes" and he told me, "but my customers are white. I don’t think they’d like to have their coffee made by black people. That’s not part of the coffee culture. You’re African". Read more

WTF? Needless to say the reaction from his customers he claims to be defending from blackness was swift and harsh. I'd say he'll be going out of business by the looks. BTW, the owner is Chinese.
Outraged customers expressed their disgust on social media. 

'I will never be a patron here,' Luke O'Dowd wrote on Forbes Burton's Facebook page. 

Wendy Mac wrote: 'If this is true it is an absolute disgrace and the owner is a hypocrite of the highest order. Outrageous, and I hope that charges are laid under the relevant anti-discrimination legislation.' 

Wills William, a regular customer, was disappointed. 'Always enjoyed coming here - but after today I dearly hope Sydney boycotts this cafe and never comes back. There is no place for such racism in this country,' he wrote. 

Katie Cee also wrote: 'Oh the irony of this whole situation. But seriously…I'll be taking my business elsewhere and ensuring my friends do as well…absolutely disgraceful.' Read more  

No comments:

Post a Comment