Friday 29 August 2014

Taking part in new study - HIV meds taking

I'm off to a new study today, organised through my HIV GP. When I was there the other day he mentioned it to me and gave me some info about it, and the trials people rang a few days later. 

This one is interviewing people about what does and doesn't affect their adherence to pill taking; a very big requirement for HIV+ people on meds. Interviewing people and finding out if they've stopped or had problems with taking their HIV meds properly. What reasons led to this. Those kind of things. The aim is to see if such factors can be addressed to encourage more rigid intake of meds.

I have a problem with the evening pill; I keep forgetting to take it and end up taking two of them in the morning. There was also that minor kidney failure problem where I stopped all HIV meds for two years. Maybe I'll be an interesting case  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment