Sunday 10 August 2014

Church cancels funeral for gay man - US

More love from the faithful:
Americans were shocked and stunned this morning when they read -- here at The New Civil Rights Movement, at Bilerico, the Huffington Post, even Gawker, and other LGBT and progressive news sites -- that a Florida pastor actually canceled the funeral of a 42-year old man because he was gay. 

Worse, the church called the man's mother the day of the wake -- she was standing at her son's coffin when the phone rang -- to tell her that she had less than 24 hours to find another place to hold the funeral. The pastor told local news reporters that they made the call after parishioners read in the newspaper that Julie Atwood's son, Julion Evans, was married to Kendall Capers -- a man. 

"I'm not trying to condemn anyone's lifestyle, but at the same time, I am a man of God, and I have to stand up for my principles," Pastor Jenkins told reporters. more
"Principles"? *pfffft* Like I've said many times before, I would put secular morality over church "morality" any day. How in the hell could one human being do that to another? 

No comments:

Post a Comment