Wednesday 20 August 2014

God won't heal people if they "enjoy their sickness" - Christian

More love from the Christians.

I've no doubt that people over the last few years, some of them still fundamentalist Christians, would have prayed for me. Perhaps even to heal me of HIV? I mean who knows, I'd not put it past Pentecostal thinking for some to believe that prayer could cure HIV, even if they didn't say it openly. So why haven't I been healed then?

This is the question asked by the wife of an ill man who has prayed for him but he's not been healed. Robertson says it's because some people enjoy their sickness and so won't be healed by prayer.

Oh yeah I'm having a barrel of laughs here. Can't remember the last time I had so much enjoyment. I'll remember that next time I throw up after taking pills, or the next time I have the runs for four days straight. Ot the next time I have to argue with Centrelink about anything. Fuckin great old time being had here.....

 

Related to this (I spoke too soon above):

Some Pastor in Africa is sending a plane load of holy water to cure Ebola victims. Well let's just hope the victims aren't enjoying their Ebola:
To help the West African country fight the escalating Ebola crisis, Nigerian Christian preacher Temitope Joshua says he has sent the Sierra Leone government 4,000 bottles of his patented holy anointed water and $50,000 in cash in a private jet, which also cost $50,000 to charter. 

Sierra Leone will, one would assume, take every penny it can get to stem the Ebola outbreak, which has claimed more than 1,000 lives worldwide, with the majority of the victims in West African countries. Such odd largess does certainly beg the question, though: Who the hell is this guy? 

For starters, Joshua is a millionaire. Forbes reported that with an estimated net worth of $10 million to $15 million, Joshua is one of the richest pastors in Nigeria. He’s also one the most controversial. He’s the founder and head of the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), and has been dubbed a prophet by some. Joshua has claimed for years that he has healing powers that can tackle a myriad of incurable diseases such as cancer and HIV—and that he can peek into the future. more   

No comments:

Post a Comment