Saturday 5 November 2011

Thinking Positive

Came across this interesting story from the Australian 60 Minutes here. Only recently aired but I missed it as I barely watch any TV at all these days. But the link was sent to me in the latest email from Positive Life NSW and so I watched it online. Dunno if the video will load overseas, but there's the transcript there as well to read if it doesn't. Is about straight women getting HIV, and that they are now the group here that has the highest infection rate.

I found the whole report highly interesting. Much of what they were saying was the same sort of thing that I'm going through. One particular thing that was mentioned:
MICHAEL USHER: Medical advances mean HIV can now be managed with proper treatment, but it’s a long hard road. Sarah faces a lifetime of powerful medication.
I do find that frustrating at times, that now people just think that you take some pills then you're OK. It just doesn't work like that. There are complications from medications that, as mentioned, are powerful. There are the prejudices and stigmas to deal with that still exist today. And a plethora of mental health issues associated with having HIV. It's not easy.

I went to work yesterday, and it was another BS day. It's not the actual work that's a problem, but being fucked around by management who couldn't organise a fuck in a brothel. Is bad enough the physical workload, but to be mentally exhausted too is fucked. 

I see the psychologist on Monday, think I really better go this time. Have been feeling badly the last few days. Last Monday I got there but there'd been a stuff up with the appts so I had to reschedule. He was very apologetic on the phone, but to be honest I felt so badly that I didn't want to talk anyway. Still want to discuss the Simon events.

It's a lovely day here in Sydney. Didn't get up until 10, but opened the window and a nice fresh sea breeze coming in. Cat sits there and sniffs the air. Got it into my head that it was a new day, and to try and lighten up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment